- Install Virtual Box
- Get EmpireEFI
- Create VM with EFI disabled on the machine. I chose 20GB HD with 1GB RAM. (Having the virtual disk on a separate disk is optimal)
- Boot the VM to EmpireEFI ISO
- When prompted, unmount EmpireEFI and mount 10.6.6 CD. Press F5, select the OSX CD and hit Enter.
- Open Disk Utility, select the disk and create a new partition.
- Close Disk Utility and continue the installation.
- When it asks to reboot, be sure to boot to the EmpireEFI ISO first, then mount the OSX CD, select the hard drive (not CD) and press Enter to continue the installation.
- Once installation is complete, remount the EmpireEFI ISO and install the post-installation package.
All in all, a lot simpler than expected. There was no need for a hacked CD or anything. Occasionally it may not boot right, but a simple reboot or three usually fixes that.